Monday, January 19, 2009

Dog's I've Known and Love

I was sitting here yesterday, feeling down perhaps because of yet another cold I have come down with...watching the snow fall and with all the zootoo things I have been reading I couldn't help but turn my thoughts to all of the loving, wonderful animals that have filled my life. Looking back at all of the photos and videos I have of them stock piled I can see that they have given me great joy and filled my life with wonderful memories I will always carry in my heart. Many times due to the fact that they were all rescues, they have given me purpose. Like some of the news stories I have read and commented on, I felt a calling once I got involved with just one of them, that drove me forward to invest myself as much as possible in trying to help more of them. Indeed all of the hounds gave back ten fold what I put into them all. Many of the people I met became more than just others helping with the same cause, they became friends. They were people I would have never met if it weren't for the hounds. Shelters and rescue groups are there for the animals, but they are more than that, for many people they are saving graces as well for giving people a way to do things for others, making them feel good about themselves as well. Volunteering and giving of yourself to do some good in your little corner of the world is a great thing for those doing and for those who do not have the voice and ability to do for themselves. In return I have been given so many wonderful memories that I will treasure for the rest of my life. There is no better gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

 

Blog Directory for Minnesota